GB Selections Day 1-Hurley

    Saturday was the first day of Team GB selections. We got there early so that I could have a few rides on the wave before registration started, this was to see what the level was like. I found this useful as I got used to having people on the bridge while paddling. I was able to land both my airscrews and a back pan am on my first training ride which super motivated me for the event.

Back Pan am
    The first heat was C1 which we only caught the end off as we were getting warmed up for our heat which was after C1. Charlie started off the heat with an amazing first run. Everyone was putting down some really good rides but really having to work for the feature as it was easy to flush. When it came to my first ride I did my two spins, blunt which felt more like a roundhouse but flushed on my airscrew. My second ride was by far the best ride for me out of my 3 rides. I did two spins, blunt, airscrew and a back pan am! I was really happy with that ride and knew it would put me in a good place for Sunday. Watching Hugo Anthony and Hugo Scott paddle was amazing. They were throwing all of their best moves and sticking them! 

Airscrew

    We watched the first rides of the Junior Ladies to see how they were paddling. Emma had a really good ride which was good to see her training paying off! We then Rushed off to the car park to get changed into warm dry cloths so that we could get back to watch the mens heats. Unfortunately we missed Doug Cooper's ride which sounded like something special happened. We got back to the weir just in time for Pringles heat which was really exciting to watch! Pringle was throwing everything really huge and clean which was good to see. 

James 'Pringle' Bebbington


    It was also good to see Bren back in the UK competing! He was interesting to watch as I can see clearly what he is doing in each of his moves and how I need to do what he does to finish off my moves properly. Gav Barker was defiantly looking comfortable on the wave, throwing helixes both ways, airscrews both ways as well as huge pan ams. 

Gav Barker- Clean Pan Am
Bren Orton- Airscrew

Nikki Beeby 
    Next was the Woman's Heat. Nikki Beeby was putting all of her training together and really setting the standard of paddling for the women. 
Ben Aldred throwing a Wave Monkey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds 2015

Kit Care and Re-proofing

Summary Of My Week in Nottingham