GB Selections Day 2-Lee Valley

    Today everyone was looking at as a day to just throw what you can when you can during your rides. We stayed in the same running order as we did on day 1. I was feeling more nervous than I was on Saturday for some reason, weather it was to do with not knowing how things would go, or just feeling like everything rested on the so called wave at lee valley.

    My first ride went surprisingly well, I was able to spin and possibly a roundhouse. I was feeling calmer after getting the ride out of the way. The wave felt different to all of the other times we had paddled there. I found it easier to set up on but still super easy to flush. My second ride is started with a spin to at least have some points, then I tried an airscrew but landed a bit wobbly the flushed; unsure if it had scored I paddled hard back up the eddy to get back onto the wave for another go but just missed out on the timer. 


    My third ride i felt like I should try something a bit daring to get some major points in the bag. I decided it was time to try a K-Y on a wave which I struggled to blunt on. My spin and roundhouse i started trying to throw the K-Y. The main thing stopping me was the blunt, I felt that my mcnasty would pull through and stick. I did a roundhouse and tried to keep the edge down but the boat just spun around. So, I set myself up in a back surf, pulled the boat round and down and threw it as quickly as possible, as soon as the loop started I knew it wasn't straight, but it stuck. Hoping the judges would count it I was happy with my performance. Even if I didn't score well, I paddled better than I ever have at that feature!


Results
    For Hurley I finished 3rd for that day which was a huge surprise to me! Unfortunately at Lee Valley I finished 6th which moved me down in the overall score. Overall I finished joint 4th with Jack Norman which was great news!
    
    Overall the GB Junior Mens team is:
1st: Hugo Anthony
2nd: Hugo Scott
3rd: Charlie Brackpool
Reserve: Jake Norman/ Sam Wilson (Me)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds 2015

Kit Care and Re-proofing

Summary Of My Week in Nottingham