Pool Session

On Saturday night there was a pool session with the local scouts. I took my squirt boat along so that I can have some extra training before selections next week. Again I was working on my switch wheels and going over my whole run.

    I started to find it fun to paddle this boat again just slowly going from end to end and spinning about on the end of the boat.
    I've started to get some success which the switch wheel out of my tricky woo which makes that move 160 points.
    Without squirt sticks I'm struggling to fit switch wheels into my routine as my blades are always the wrong way to get any power or stability from them. It's been a good challenge leaning to screw around as it first seemed impossible to me. When Sam helped me to finish them off at Euros my angles on the boat were super close to the water, just how the Americans do it. Clair O' suggested to me to raise them up about so that in choppier water its clear what I'm doing. Iv'e finally been able to raise the angle up and make it look more obvious the judges what I'm doing.

Screwing Around

Stern Screw 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds 2015

Kit Care and Re-proofing

Summary Of My Week in Nottingham