2 Hours at Lee Valley

    On Sunday we had the Olympic course for an hour shared with 2 trainee raft guide courses which meant the queues were short and you could have as many rides as you wanted.


    I started off in my Jed planning to switch to my Guigui for the second hour to see which boat I paddle best at that spot. After about 30 minutes I decided to switch early to the Guigui as I was really struggling with the Jed. I found it had to stick spins and even set up for blunts as the tail is really catchy. Getting in the the Guigui, my first ride was amazing! I did a roundhouse, back stab and an air screw, which wasn't very aerial. This was the best ride I had all day.

Trying for the Air Screw
    For the rest of my time I found it really hard to get onto the wave, this could be because I was breaking in right below the top wave and dropping onto the wave, a posed to surfing onto the shoulder. I feel that this would work better and would set me up for a move straight away.

Getting the ultimate power flip!
    For the last session before selections I feel slightly worried about my performance for this event. Hopefully I paddle at a better standard at Hurley to give me a good enough shot at team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds 2015

Kit Care and Re-proofing

Summary Of My Week in Nottingham