Hurley on a green 3

    Today was time to bring the Guigui out after splitting the nose. Hearing from Emma that it was on a green 3 was a worry for me because it meant that it was a low 3 gates, meaning I could end up hitting the floor again.

    It was really nice to have the sun shining over the session! It brought a positive attitude and made the water seem warmer which made me want to try more tricks! I was mainly wanting to work on airscrews so that there can't be a repeat of hitting the floor which is still haunting me. It took a lot for me to try and get over it and throw one.
    I started of messing about doing some old school moves like paddle spins and the air guitar for fun! Charlie and I also had a duo ride in the middle gate and did a high 5. Then I thought it would be fun to throw my paddle in the air and clap, which ended in me not catching the paddle and hand surfing! I then throw a blunt and was surprised that I landed and stuck it! Then I tried one on the other side which didn't go as well and resulted in me having to hand roll and chase my paddle down!

    I was also working on turing my blunts into pan ams. This meant more edge, looking under the boat more and leaning forward sooner and further. I felt that my blunts were getting more vertical but can still be improved on much more!

    I also did a few practice runs for my selections ride which went well until it came to throwing the airscrew. I really need to get comfortable with them again. I've decided to do both my spins, a blunt on the left, pan am on the left, air screw (when it works) on the left and a back pan am on the right. Then do the same on the other sides for each move which should hopefully put me in a good position for team this year. But all depends on my rides! I'd be happy to score my airscrew and back pan am as they are my winter goals I've set my self, as well as making team.

Starting a Pan Am
    I felt happy with myself for starting to do blunts clean on the landing and occasionally fully super clean which is great!

    It was a really good session and has set me up ready with things to take to burners next weekend to improve on!
Starting an Aircrew


Halfway through the Airscrew
Blunt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds 2015

Kit Care and Re-proofing

Summary Of My Week in Nottingham